These are our most commonly asked questions. Now they are available at your fingertips! Simply click each question to reveal your answer.
- Always shake can vigorously for 30 seconds prior to use.
- Do not over tighten can onto gun and be sure adaptor is clean at all times.
- Adjust closure screw and fill gun with foam after pulling trigger. Use closure screw to control bead.
- To keep tip clean, rub barrel on soft wood and never use sharp objects on tip or in adapter area.
- When not in use, always leave a can of foam(one with product in it not empty) attached to the gun with the closure screw closed.
- When changing cans, make sure all residual foam has been removed from adapter area with Lubri-Clean. Wet foam present will glue can to adapter and dramatically shorten the gun life.
- Always leave a can of IPF attached to your gun. Long term shut down flush thoroughly with Lubri-Clean.
- For full handling details, see Gun Training Video
Two-Component PF Spray Kits should be applied when the ambient temperature is between 17 C. to 34 C. For best results the tank contents should be at 24 C. or warmer. PF polyurethane foam can be applied effectively in cold air temperatures or on cool work surfaces ( above freezing ) provided the contents are at least 24 C.
Since two-component foam cures chemically, it does not need moisture to cure. When mixed together, the two chemicals (polyol and isocyanate )start to react and generate heat. Depending on how thick the foam is dispensed, it can take up to a minute or two to cure. Cured foam can withstand extremely cold temperatures.
A pressurized container/can should never be exposed to temperatures exceeding 49 C.
Warning: The foam produced by the PF Kits is organic and combustible and may constitute a fire hazard. Do not expose foam to flame or temperatures above 116 C.
PF-600 = 500 board feet (all industry standard 600 kits yield approximately 500 bd. ft.)
One board foot is 12″ x 12″ at a 1″ thickness. This can be translated into cubic feet by simply dividing board feet by 12. For example, a PF-600 is 41.5 cubic feet.
CAUTION: When filling a high volume of foam such as a drum, the PF foam can get as hot as 2000 °F. Wait for the container to cool down before touching the filled drum.
PF-Kits may be used to fill cavities in trees. As with all outside applications, the foam should be coated to protect it from UV and water exposure.
The UltraSeal 2-component foams have been approved by CCMC…
CCMC Approved, # 13520-L
(CAN/ULC-S711.2-05, Standard for Thermal Insulation – Bead-Applied Two-Component Polyurethane Air Sealant Foam)
Disclaimer: Rivenco Industries Limited has not done any testing to determine suitability of PF Kits for this application and cannot guarantee results. Use a PF Kit at your own risk.
Disclaimer: The use of PF Kits may be restrictive or prohibited in certain areas by local building codes covering the use of cellular plastics. ALWAYS check local code(s) before using the product.
Warning: The foam produced by PF Kits is organic and combustible and may constitute a fire hazard. Do not expose foam to flame or temperatures above 240’F (116’C).
Always read PF Kit operating instruction and Safety Data Sheet prior to use.